Join Our Team!
The South Shore Children’s Chorus is looking for passionate people to become a part of our team! This summer, we are looking for dedicated people to fill the following roles for the 2019/2020 season:
Board of Directors: Member (Volunteer)
To volunteer to be a member of our Board of Directors, please e-mail Kirsten Oberoi at email@example.com.
We look forward to involving more people on our team as SSCC grows to include more talented young singers in this community!
South Shore Children’s Chorus Job Announcement
Director of Training Choir: Sharon Branch
The South Shore Children’s Chorus (SSCC) is seeking a highly-qualified, dedicated, and passionate new team member as the Director for the Sharon Training Choir (singers in Kindergarten – 3rd grade.) SSCC is a community-based choral program made up of singers representing several different local cities and towns. SSCC was founded in 2016 in order to provide musical education and vocal training to students living in the South Shore communities and beyond. SSCC keeps the development and well-being of our students as our top priority, and aims to create a safe space and loving community for choristers to learn, to grow, and to find their own voice.
This part-time position involves one weeknight rehearsal for our Sharon Training Choir on Tuesday evenings from 5:00pm-6:00pm. The SSCC calendar begins in September and runs through the end of May.
The Sharon Training Choir Director will also be responsible for attending and co-conducting one “All Together” rehearsal per month with our Quincy TC Director on a Sunday afternoon, combining singers from each site. The Sharon Training Choir Director will be in attendance at all major Dress Rehearsals and Concerts. SSCC regularly produces an annual Winter Concert in January and Spring Concert in May, and occasionally participates in additional small performances throughout the year.
- 3-5 years relevant teaching experience
- Knowledge of/experience with Kodaly Method and Curwen hand signs
- Excellent interpersonal skills with children ages 5-8
- Engaging, exciting teaching methods that inspire confident singers and young people
- Knowledge and understanding of healthy and appropriate repertoire for the developing singer
- Reliable transportation
The ideal candidate has the following qualities:
- A passion for growth in community music education in the South Shore of Massachusetts
- A dedicated team player to join a tight-knit and passionate, but small, staff
- A teacher who can foster a community within their ensemble, where social aspects bring students back week-to-week
- Interest in helping a new organization grow and flourish by dedicating wholeheartedly and long-term to the organization
- Understanding of children’s voices and healthy literature
- Committed to working in tandem with our Quincy TC Director
Apply by June 20, 2019
Interested Applicants should e-mail a current resume and cover letter to Artistic Director Kirsten Oberoi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include contact information for three references.
The South Shore Children’s Chorus does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status.